Sunday, July 21, 2013

Ruby

I will never forget the moments in the hospital room, me sitting with my newborn in my arms, while we waited for the car to pull up and we were to be discharged home. It felt like both the ending and beginning of two long journeys. As I sat there alone with her in those moments, this feeling of gratitude washed over me. Here I was, with this perfect, healthy, loving human being who I would be taking out into the world and she would be mine forever. I was grateful that I had been blessed with the experience of bringing her into the world. I got to experience that painful, but incredible and indescribable birthing process. I did that! Wow. I sat there feeling so humbled to the Universe for allowing this to be my life.

It's been 10 months since we drove away from that hospital and started our lives as a family in Austin. The time has gone by so fast, too fast. There have been tough times and stress, but no matter what, at the end of the day, when I see that little girl lying asleep, I am filled with gratitude. If there is ever a prayer that I find myself saying, it is "thanks."

Thanks for letting this be my life.
Thanks for letting this little girl be mine.
Thanks for choosing me to her her Mom.
Thanks for keeping her safe, healthy and happy.
Thanks for finally getting her to fall asleep.

Ruby has given me more love and happiness than I ever imagined, and maybe more than I deserve...but I'll take it. I am grateful for her every minute of the day. I love my girl!


No comments:

Post a Comment