Saturday, July 27, 2013

Cindi & Matt

Last night we had dinner with our friends, Cindi and Matt, who now live in California. I first met Cindi though Diana, and then when they moved back to Austin for Matt to attend grad school, Nick and I became good friends with them. It was really fun to have a couple that we both enjoyed and got along with really well. So of course we were really sad when they moved to California for Matt's job last summer.

During their time in Austin we had lots of fun enjoying the Austin scene and eating out a lot! We also went to Mardi Gras in New Orleans with them in 2012, which was so much fun. When I think about these two, I am always reminded of their generosity. These are the type of friends who you can count on for anything, and who are always willing to lend a hand.

Last August when I was very pregnant, I opened my email and was surprised to find a gift certificate for a prenatal massage from Cindi and Matt. I was touched by the generosity and thought. What a kind gesture! See, they do things like that.

I am grateful for them because good friends are hard to find, especially as we get older. These two are special people and they helped make the last couple years in Austin really enjoyable. I know that we will remain friends for a while and hopefully be able to return the kindness that they have bestowed upon us.

No comments:

Post a Comment