Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Ryan D.


Ryan and I met during orientation of graduate school. She came up to me and said that I looked familiar to her, but it seemed as though we had never met before. Ryan and I ended up being in the same class for our practicum and then we also ended up being at the same site for our internship...in Temple. Turns out we were also at the same unit and interned together there during that first semester. We carpooled to Temple twice a week and spent many hours, early hours, discussing everything under the sun.

When I look back upon that time in my life, I see Ryan there navigating it together. There were a lot of challenges and angst we both faced that year, but I would say both of us grew and created better paths for ourselves. It is always nice to have a person to share an experience with and I won't ever forget our time together. Whenever I drive up to Dallas, and pass through Temple, I think if Ryan and me. I remember her telling me that the reason I could never remember the exit to get off at was a sign that I really did not want to be there. Ha!

Ryan got married just a couple months before Nick and I did, and she had her first daughter 6 weeks before Ruby was born. I am grateful for her support during the early days of navigating motherhood. She is someone I know can relate to the joys and challenges that this phase of life brings.

No comments:

Post a Comment