Friday, August 9, 2013

Ashley

I met Ashley the first day of class at UT in 2001. We sat by each other in our MIS class and have been friends ever since. We both quickly decided that we did not belong in the business program and each of us found our way out as soon as we could, but we will always have MIS to thank for our friendship. Those early days at UT will always stick with me, as 9/11 happened just a couple weeks after we started college. With everything already being new as a college Freshman on a large campus, and with the uncertainty of the times, it was nice to have had an instant friend!

Through the years, Ashley and I have stayed in touch and met often for brunch or a happy hour. We graduated and she moved to Houston and I to Dallas. When I came back for graduate school to Austin, I soon learned that Ashley was also on her way back to the great city. It was nice to be back in Austin together and in a different chapter in our lives.

So one of the things I am most grateful for Ashley is her willingness to to out together on July 26, 2007. She agreed to go with me to an organized young professional happy hour. After a pretty lame happy hour experience at a Texas Exes Event just earlier in the week, I was glad that she was still game. So, we went out again and had a pretty good time meeting some new people, and had redemption from our last experience. It worked out pretty well for me because if she hadn't come with me that night, I never would have gone, and I never would have met Nick.

I am glad to say that Ashley's journey is also turning out pretty well. I am so happy that she too has found love and happiness and adventure. Ashley has been a good friend and has always celebrated others and is someone who I am really glad sat down beside me back in 2001.

No comments:

Post a Comment