Thursday, August 8, 2013

Lisa


I spotted Lisa at a Patty Griffin benefit several years ago. I knew that she worked at Hospice Austin but  I didnt know her name. I later came to meet her in the office after I noticed what a cool shade of nail polish she had on and struck up a conversation. Lisa always has great polish. She first introduced me to Essie and my favorite color, Apple Mint!

Lisa and I ended up sharing several patients at a nursing home and we got to know each other and we hung out some. Lisa is really fun to hang out with and happy hour with. Last year, when I got pregnant, I didn't know how to tell Lisa because I knew that she was really trying to get pregnant as well, and things had been anything but easy for her. But, just a little while later, Lisa announced she too was pregnant...and with TWINS!

Lisa is one of those people who epitomizes generosity. She is the one who will bring in breakfast tacos for the whole meeting, or buy someone a really cool birthday cake. She does things for people "just because" and is really the sweetest person ever. She quit working about 1/2 way in to her pregnancy and I was sad to lose her as a co-worker, but her girls were born just a month after Ruby and so they will be friends now too.

No comments:

Post a Comment