Monday, August 5, 2013

Amy

Amy would win the award for the person I was most grateful for in 2012. She arrived at my home around 6:00 p.m. on September 15. This was the only stranger I have ever met while I was lying undressed on the floor curled up in a ball. She came right over to me and told me how beautiful I was. Even though I was in pain, I remember thinking, "awww....really!?" I sure didn't feel beautiful AT ALL. I felt like a mess. From there Amy soothed me and massaged me and helped me through the painful contractions I was experiencing. She helped me take them one at a time and her calm, peaceful presence made us feel secure. When it was time to leave for the hospital, Amy followed in her car and met us there. She was with me through it all. She helped me give birth to my daughter naturally and she told me when it was all over that I was a "Rockstar."

Words can't describe the gratitude that I had for my doula. She made my labor experience one that was overall very positive for both Nick and me, and I could not have asked for anything better. It was so wonderful to have someone that was there just for me. I remember thinking that she was like an angel. I am sad because I did not get a picture with Amy at the hospital, but I will always remember her. I hope that when we have another baby, she can be there, too. Using a doula was one of the best things I have ever decided to do, and it was worth every penny.

No comments:

Post a Comment